There’s nothing like fresh produce and when you can grow it yourself, it’s even better. I am growing basil this summer and it’s abundant! I love this super easy and refreshing summer cocktail. Enjoy!
- 8 medium basil leaves
- 1 ½ ounces gin
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 to 2 teaspoons simple syrup, to taste
- fresh basil leaves, for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker gently muddle the basil leaves.
- Add lime juice, simple sugar, and gin.
- Fill with ice, securely fasten the lid, and shake well.
- Shake until very cold and strain into a rocks glass with ice.
- Garnish with fresh basil.